Lost or Stolen Card
Please call 972-875-9676 or after regular banking hours call (844) 202-5333.
Mobile App users are also able to temporarily turn off a lost or stolen card in the ESB Banking App.
To help avoid inconvenience, you can take the following basic precautions:
When you get your card-
- Sign the signature panel immediately.
- If you have been given a PIN (personal identification number) to use at a cash machine or in shops, memorize it — never write it down.
- If you choose your own PIN, or change the one you were given, avoid obvious choices, such as your date of birth or telephone number.
- Do not tell anyone your PIN.
- Keep your sales and cash machine receipts and check them against your card or bank statement.
- If any amount is incorrect or you spot a transaction you did not make, call the bank at 972-875-9676 immediately.
- Keep a list of your card numbers, along with the telephone numbers you should call if they are lost or stolen.
In the shops-
- Check the sales slip to ensure the amount is correct and the total has been filled in before you sign.
- Make sure the retailer gives the card back to you, along with your copy of the voucher.
- Keep your card close to you — beware of pickpockets.
- Do not leave your card in your car's glove compartment.
Telephone and mail order shopping-
- When you place an order over the telephone or by mail, give your card number only if you are confident about the company's reputation.
- You might be asked for your Visa card security code — the three digits on the back of the card printed on the signature panel. Give the seller that code but never give your PIN.